Parents/Guardians District Steering Committee
2020 - 2022
A committee is a group of members in an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific topic area or organizational scope.
Committees hold meetings (some are private and some are open). If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: by attending meetings if the capacity allows it, adding items to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions made by the organization).
Examples: A general assembly (which meets once a year to define an organization's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organization), or an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process), are all examples of committees.
Welcome to the PXU PB Process Parents and Guardians!
Representatives from site-level committees work together to move the district process forward.
Thank you for you interest in joining a District committee. This is an important role!
Members of this committee:
- Represent site-level committee and stakeholder group on the District Steering Committee meetings and attend all District Workshops
- Attend all site-level committee meetings
- Remain neutral throughout the process but work to ensure that the Safe Schools Participatory Budgeting guiding principles and goals are at the forefront
- Work collaboratively with the campus/site-level PB Sponsor to update stakeholders on project proposal feedback and solicit input
- Communicate site-level committee concerns and ideas to the campus/site-level PB Sponsor, District PB Coordinator, and District Steering Committee
- Support the PB Sponsor in ensuring equity of voice amongst all participants present for campus/site-level committee meetings
Here are the other roles that people will play in our PB process: